Loft Conversions Eastbourne and Hastings in Sussex, EAR Sheppard Structural Engineers
EAR Sheppard’s can provide attic/loft conversion services from design through to project managing the installation including building regulation approval where required.
- We will asses the structural stability requirements of your idea.
- Options for installing a stair case which is often the most critical part of a successful loft conversion.
- Options for maximising headroom within the loft space available. We can survey your existing space and outline any options with the pros and cons.
- Advice on window options for maximising light.
- Sound proofing requirements for the new loft space.
- Ventilation in the loft. When creating habitable space it is important to ensure sufficient ventilation to ensure a comfortable temperature ambience throughout the year whilst avoiding condensation and the problems associated with that.
- Fire safety requirements for the loft conversion.
- Insulation considerations when converting a loft.
- Lighting of your loft.
- Is planning permission required for a loft conversion? A loft conversion is considered permitted development subject to specific conditions which we would review with your particular design.
- If you are a leaseholder the landlords consent will well be required.
- Requirements for a ‘Party wall agreement’ If your home is attached.
- Sourcing a quality builder with experience in loft conversions.
5 Chiswick Place
Tel: 01323 410478
Fax: 01323 412187